Thursday, November 6, 2008

Soup from baked vegetables

My the latest local newpaper give me this soup recipe from baked vegetables, I try it and want to share my expirience.

This soup require for 2-3 portions:

  • broth (meat or vegetable), about 3 liter
  • potatoes, 4 small tubers
  • sweet pepper (paprika), 1 piece
  • carrot, 1 piece
  • onion, 1 piece
  • tomatoes, 2 pieces
  • vegetative oil, 2-3 tablespoons
as susal, salt and ground black pepper, and few bay leafes, one teaspoon of cumin or caraway (I have caraway)

Potatoes and carrot wash out, clear and cut to cubes. Paprika cut on halves, remove seeds and cut to straws. Tomatoes to cut to segments (approximately on 8 segments from one tomato).
In a frying pan warm up vegetable oil, add caraway, fry a bit until you feel the aroma and to remove from heat after. Put to pan all vegetables except onion, mix it, add salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Add a little water that keep vegetables juicy, cover with a foil and put into pre-heated oven (up to 180ะก), approximately for 30 minutes. This time is enough for vegetables.
Take another pan and fry fine cutted onion with vegetable oil. If your broth is not warm, heat it and add your onion into.
Serve to plates vegetables and fill it with your broth.
The soup is ready. I think if you add a bit dill (as I do it) the soup will look just great.

No comments: